Monday 16 August 2010

 GREEN & BLACKS Exhibition Profile
Saturday 7th August - Friday 20th August 2010

Title: An exhibition by Joan G. Evans
Artist: Joan G. Evans

" In 1996, I decided to join an evening class at Blackwood Comprehensive Community College. I tried craft at first, but it was really art that I was interested in. I then moved onto art class in 1997 where I was taught by Mrs Sylvia Pitman. She was also a French Teacher. I tried French too, without success! Sylivia was impressed with a lot of my work and I did a lot of homework.

By the year 2000, I started having exhibitions of my own in Libraries and Churches. I have sold quite a number locally and so my pictures are enjoyed in many homes around the South Wales Valleys.

I was inspired by David Attenborough and enjoy drawing and painting animals. I am very versatile and work in pastels, watercolour, pen and ink and charcoal."

No comments:

Post a Comment