Monday 21 June 2010

Exhibition Profile: AdorNation

What: AdorNation
Who: Amy Hooper - Illustrator/Painter/Jewellery Designer 
Where: Porffor (The Purple Shop)
When: 14 - 25 June

Drawing inspiration from the natural world and my passion for travel and culture, most of my creations exhibit a very organic and ethnic feel. My jewellery uniquely integrates gemstones, shells and antique coins from India, with a form of South American macramé intricate spirals woven and knotted using waxed cord.

My illustrations of faeries and other mythical creatures, adorned in jewellery and clothes reminiscent of my designs, range from earthy tones of pen and ink, and oil paint to much more monochrome pen drawings, depicting the organic flow of life and the unseen connections that link us to each other and the world around us.

Every creation, every pen stroke, every knot  is made with care and consideration and much love, in the hope you will experience them with as much joy as I have had in creating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment